Payment Services and eMoney
We work with firms across the payment services and eMoney sector from newly established startups to mature organisations expanding their portfolio of products and major international companies establishing a foothold in new markets.
Payment services and eMoney continue to be one of the most dynamic and innovative areas of the financial services sector. It’s also one of the most difficult areas to navigate and grow with Payment Service Providers (PSPs) and Electronic Money Institutions (EMIs) facing:
- An established and complex regulatory framework;
- Authorisation and registration requirements;
- A continual trend of regulators commissioning reviews into firms’ systems and controls;
- Operating often from a lean standpoint and with internationally distributed teams; and
- Emerging regulations or requirements (e.g. operational resilience, Consumer Duty, expansion of the Senior Managers Regime).
Firms need a strong understanding of how to prepare for and mitigate these challenges to have the flexibility and innovation to flourish and grow.
We work with firms that are looking to establish themselves, undertake regulatory applications, gain an understanding of the current/emerging regulatory regime and undertake programmes of enhancement or change. We also work with firms in crisis situations to safeguard their reputation, remediate issues, enhance performance and build confidence.
We combine our experience in risk, compliance, governance, culture, operations, technology and audit with industry knowledge to support our clients in a way that is practical, aligned to their business strategy and adds value.